Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Dark Knight






























Well I couldn't go to long without talking about this movie cause well, lets face it, it was amazing. "The Dark Knight" was by far my favorite movie for the year. Christopher Nolan, I tip my hat to you sir. I have to admit though, when I first heard that Heath Ledger was playing the Joker, I just couldn't imagine him playing that role at all. I mean how do you go from the gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain to one of the most cynical villains in the history of comics. You can really see his range of acting and the sheer talent that this guy did have as an actor. Along side him, Christian Bale, Michael Cain, Aaron Eckhart, and Morgan Freeman all had amazing performances as well, but what truly made these performances so amazing was all the behind the scene work. To begin with, this story was perfect. They portrayed the Joker the way he should have been, as a person who "just wants to see the world burn" and with this central idea, true havoc can be caused and that's what they did. The writers included a bunch of master minded plans for the Joker to carry out and that helped the story stay fun, interesting, and suspenseful. On top of this, the character development was great, especially with Harvey Dent. It was nice to see each character evolve so well, which I'm sure will help with future movies. Lastly, something that I enjoyed a lot was the visual effects and the makeup. My god, the makeup was amazing. To see the Joker and Two-Face like that was a sight to behold. I'd go out on a limb and say that this was the best comic book movie I've ever seen so far. It's sad to see Heath go though, I would have liked to see another Joker movie with him. I can only hope that they do as good of a job on the next movie as they have done on this one. They've really set the bar high on this one, so they better not disappoint on the next one.

View the trailer HERE.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. The Dark Knight was definitely the best movie of the year! Sadly though I don't think it would have done AS well if Heath Ledger hadn't died prior to its release. It still would have done well and it still would be great but that gave the film so much publicity and exposure that people couldn't get it off their minds till they saw it, over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was the top grossing film of ALL time, and yes I do think that his death did contribute to that but it still would have been very popular had he not died.

    ReplyDelete